Meet the presenter
Richard is a plumber with almost 25 years experience, and serves both on the regional IOPSA Executive ( WC) as Vice Chairman and Technical expert, as well as on the PIRB National Executive.
HOW TO COMPLETE A COURSE
Once you have purchased the course, you will have access to unlimited course content. You may progress through the course by selecting the first module at the bottom of the page.
This course consists of 11 modules and six assessments. The assessments will become available after the completion of modules one, three, five, six, eight and ten.
You may complete each module at your own pace. Once you have completed a module the next module will become available.
On completion of the modules and passing of assessments, your certificate of completion will be issued automatically from the e-learning system. You will need to log your own CPD points as well as submit your certificate of completion on the Audit IT system yourself.
Articulate-IT: SANS 10106: Domestic Solar Water Heating Systems
In these IOPSA Accredited modules, you will be acquiring knowledge with regards to Solar Water Heating Systems. How they function as environmental energy creating a heated water source and the economic benefits gained. The importance of Standards and Codes of practice will be discussed together with the overview of SANS 10106.
- Introduction to Solar Water Heating and Solar Installations
- Water Dynamics and Behaviour of Heated Water in a Solar Water Heating System
- The Components Used In A Domestic Solar Water Heating System
- The Domestic Solar Water Heater Collectors - Part 1
- The Domestic Solar Water Heater Collectors - Part 2
- Types Of Domestic Solar Water Heating Systems
- Preparing for a Domestic Solar Water Heater Installation - Part 1
- Preparing for a Domestic Solar Water Heater Installation - Part 2
- SANS 10106 The Solar Water Heater Installation - Part 1
- SANS 10106 The Solar Water Heater Installation - Part 2
- Solar Water Heater Fault Finding, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Knowledge assumed to be in place for this course:
- Reading and writing in English
- Basic mathematics skills
- Ability to listen with a positive attitude
- Installation of a hot water cylinder (SANS 10254)
- A copy of SANS 10106, SANS 10254 and SANS 10252-1
The Institute of Plumbing South Africa, in collaboration with the Plumbing Industry Registration Board have formalised an agreement in that;
Any Licensed Plumber who has been unable to complete their Portfolio of Evidence for submission to the PIRB, but has attended and completed an accredited course, either, Heat Pump and/or Solar Water Heating Systems, may make application to the Institute of Plumbing South Africa to fulfill the above designations. Applicants are to follow the process and procedures, as indicated on their website: www.iopsa.org/assessment.
These sessions attract PIRB Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points. 6 CPD points will be awarded, subject to attendance and completion of all sessions and the assessments.